[T3] I don't want to be a huge pain with more questions.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 1 13:31:01 PDT 2016

 A while back I tightened all the FI connectors , the only one I didn't was TS1.

. Before I did there was an erratic miss @ idle and lot's of popping out the exhaust ( the more I opened the throttle and let off the more pops I would get & I could get it to pop in neutral auto trans just by giving it gas and letting the throttle close ) .

 Now it does have much less of an erratic miss in neutral @ idle and less popping which I hear out the Empi single muffler quiet pack and header.

  Today it was hot and I drove it further 10 miles and also hot 85* yesterday  and only drove 2  miles that day and I heard the popping , not as much as before so it seems higher temps affect this.

 Here is the odd thing yes the empi header does not fit real tight especially on the right lower heat exchanger yet it's been like that for a very long time and didn't pop at all. The header fits tight to the heads and I have good metal gaskets on all 4 head exhaust ports.

 I realize air in the exhaust can cause a pop , it's not loud like a backfire gunshot , it's just pop-pop-pop-pop . I also know TS1 is an air temp signal to lean out in addition to TS2 .

[ The only way the popping and that erratic miss stops is if I unplug TS1 . ]

 The TPS works as it should and looks good inside and checks out with an ohm meter and the car has good pickup . Even after it's hot 180* oil temp it always starts right up , last I checked TS2 was 2000 ohm @ 85* F don't know what it reads hot.

 Does anyone have any idea what I'm over looking here?

 I know TS1 drops in resistance as it warms up and unplugiing it offers a richer mix by 5 to 10% so I've read , what I'm not sure about is does it lean out the mix as it's resistance drops?

---