[T3] Steering box play

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 4 05:53:10 PDT 2017

On 3 Apr 2017 at 21:08, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> So with the expert help of Sean our steering is once again top notch!

I suspect that even with the play worked out so nicely, there's still something
wrong inside your gearbox. It's likely that the play is good on center, but is
still excessive at the 2 extremes. This is likely to work well for awhile, but I
don't think it's going to be a long term fix.

Nevertheless, it sounds like your work with Sean was an interesting and
instructive experience. I've got a OE gearbox here, waiting to ship back to
you. I hope that will be the long term fix you will eventually need.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org