[T3] FI PRESSURE SENSOR

KENNETH ROGERS kensue356 at cableone.net
Thu Apr 27 13:22:53 PDT 2017

I am so happy to be communicating with this great group again.

Question:
The pressure sensor on a 1971 vw Type 3 FI squareback automatic, 1640cc stock everything. After setting fuel pressure regulator to 28 pounds and making sure throttle valve switch is in correct position and everything is correctly adjusted, can I fine tune this pressure sensor? It is running rich.
I have monkeyed with this in the past with a sick running motor so it is out of adjustment.

Who has experience on this? I found nothing in the books about adjusting it. Is this where I find a '14 to 1' or higher air ratio at 5000 feet altitude (I live at) using my Sun tail pipe sniffer? Or just find the sweet spot in dialing it in?

Kenny Rogers

PS. Is anybody boiling hot dogs in beer yet?