[T3] Engine Idle very low, once warmed up

Jared Kohler jaredkohler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:35:48 PDT 2017

Hello Jim,

Well, did my idle adjustment (when nice and warm) after a long drive and she still acts the same. I made the adjustment when she was idling in the garage and did notice the rpm increase. I shut the car off, then started again. Same super low idle. Gen light flickering it's so low. Yet, when cold (first thing in the AM) idle is nice and high. Stays running strong.
I'm wondering if it's not the vacuum operated sensor to the right of dist? Mine is electrically operated. Perhaps it's not closing as it should? Or opening as it should? I can't seem to get much info on these sensors. Books seem to glaze over their function and importance. I do have a mechanical one in my parts bin. Considering swapping to see if it makes a change for the better!

Thanks!

P.S. A few years back, I think I had you rebuild my FI fuel pump? It's still working perfectly!!

Jared

Sent from my iPhone