[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SBIneverhadtoturnthekeysevera...

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Aug 12 10:05:47 PDT 2017

 Jim it very well could be a very small leak I can't see . I recall when I
used to connect the pressure gauge on the left side small port with the
screw and sealing washer while there was still pressuse not much fuel came
out either taking out the screw or when removing the hose to the gauge . I
used to place a rag there and only saw a small area of fuel , never measured
it I would guess no more than a sewing thimble worth. Plus it's 30 PSI and
in an area much higher than the pump and that fuel could come out from just
the ring or the presssure side of the pump line since they all connect right
at the same point a tiny bit would leak out that nipple putting that screw
back in . Point being it does not take much just to drop the pressure to
nothing. I have the switch with the two wires soldered to it all I need to
do is find a place and wire it in. If I recall the pump ground and hot come
out under the relay and the pump hot goes to a plastic covered connector on
the realy so I can splice in between the relay and where the pumps hot lead
enters through the fire wall. It's a two wire plastic covered cable. I have
a few of those brass 1/4" adaptors one female and two male I can use yet
don't want to destroy the plastic two lead plug on the relay.