[T3] Why is it that when I got my 73 SBIneverhadtoturnthekeysevera...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 12 13:20:52 PDT 2017

On 12 Aug 2017 at 10:05, William J wrote:

>  I have the switch with the two wires soldered to it all I need to do
> is find a place and wire it in. If I recall the pump ground and hot
> come out under the relay and the pump hot goes to a plastic covered
> connector on the realy so I can splice in between the relay and where
> the pumps hot lead enters through the fire wall. It's a two wire
> plastic covered cable. I have a few of those brass 1/4" adaptors one
> female and two male I can use yet don't want to destroy the plastic two
> lead plug on the relay.

Don't do anything to the 2 wires in the plastic connector! Those are for the
relay coil and you don't need to touch those.

Use the piggyback connectors to connect your 2 switch wires to 2 of the
remaining pins on the relay. One wire to the single terminal and one wire to
either of the 2 that are paired. If your car is MT you'll only need one
piggyback connector.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org