[T3] Any idea how many amps are draw when starting a FI T-3

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 16 18:19:21 PDT 2017

It's basically the starter and what ever the FI pump draws and the coil plus a few relays and the AAR.
 I realize this a question I asked before because of my replacement Interstate Battery.

 The other two always reached 12.72 volts so far this new one reached 12.62 a few times yet now it's about on average 12.55.

 I ask about the draw starting not that the cars charging system has changed and for years now I don't drive more than 350 miles per year and batteries will drain on their own sitting long enough so I keep a changer on it at 2 amp for three hours each night and the voltage while charging at it's highest is 14.2 to 14.5 and it does not get warm . I did the same with the other two and didn't harm them. In 2009 I got an Autozone battery and never checked the voltage just stuck it in and noticed after a few weeks it cranked slower and then charged it at 2 amp for three hours I have it on a timer so it shuts off I also checked for a draw and have only 5 mA and checked with the charger connected just to see and it added nothing to the 5 mA .

 I also realize knowing the actual draw I need am amp meter which I have an old analog and that every battery is a bit different . Have not noticed the car cranking slow.

 Interstate tells me 12.66 and their local distributor tells me 12.5 is fully charged . There is not much diff between 12.66 and 12.5 mine being 12.55 on average.

---