[T3] The road trip blues

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 23 05:54:04 PDT 2017

On 22 Aug 2017 at 22:53, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> My wife, Jessica, and I have been on the road since 7/3 and are headed
> home. We were supposed to be in a Type 2, but thatTMs another long story.
> Instead weTMre in our Type 3 and with the exception of a pair of leaky
> oil cooler seals  that had to be replaced after only 30k miles, weTMve
> been largely trouble free. Until today.

Having thought about this overnight, here are some followup thoughts:

Sounds like you've had a loss of power along with excess blowby. Check
each of your HV SP wires for continuity and the right amount of resistance.

Check the FI harness connectors to the injectors, to make sure they are all
connected.

Check the pressure sensor hose to make sure both ends are still connected.

I have starters and a breather cap. If you decide to divert here, give me an
idea of when you might arrive.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org