[T3] The road trip blues

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 23 06:57:46 PDT 2017

On 23 Aug 2017 at 8:51, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> The loss of power was momentary and weTMve been running pretty much fine
> since the incident. I thought excess blowby was something an engine either
> had or didnTMt have¦.that itTMs not transient. I guess  compression
> and leak down tests might be in order.

Once you have the engine exposed, also check the oil level in the air filter. If
there's been a lot of blowby, it could have overfilled the AF, which might then
overflow into the IAD. If that filled up, oil could get sucked into the engine,
causing a momentary loss of power.

If the IAD seems like it might be filled with oil, remove that end of the
pressure sensor hose and let it drain out there.

The good news is that oil on your engine will keep things from rusting.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org