[T3] Brake light switch conversion.

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Thu Dec 7 11:33:21 PST 2017

Most modern brake switches are normally closed switches that are held open by the pedal assembly while the brake pedal is in the unpressed position.  Soon as the pedal is pushed forward it is released and closes instantly with little or even no braking at all.  This is in an effort to alert the following car of the intention of applying the brakes. With the hydraulic switch we use a certain amount of line pressure has to be reached before closing the switch this causes a delay in activating the brake lights. I have notice that even with new switches on our master cylinders there is a fair amount of braking happening before they light.

Something like this might work but i would thing making a bracket from say the bolt on the tunnel for the pedal cluster over to a good spot on the brake peddle would be better. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1545561.jpg

[https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1545561.jpg]