[T3] On a 73 T-3 SB fuel injected auto trans pinging

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Dec 9 19:20:52 PST 2017

I just wanted to add to what Bob brought up on different systems through the
years.

 The early ones had a pressure switch a TPS that was on/off and a MPS that
handled full load enrichment . Then there was the 70's with the 4 wire TPS
and still a different MPS and I'm not clear on what type of MPS they had yet
the TPS did take over the enrichment at least most of it. By 72 they had the
PCV and the full load was controlled soley by the TPS and 73 they added the
EGR .

 Based on this the IAD went through changes the MPS and the breather system
and the ECU . It's possible an early breather would work on a 73 since all
it does is vent the case pressure . Yet at the same time that 3 mm ID MPS
line restriction may very well be there to compensate for the PVC influence
of the MPS vaccum sig . If this is the case and the early IAD's don't have
this it may need to be removed on a 72/73 and then one may create other
issues , perhaps not if the restricion is only to balance out the PCV vaccum
affect and the PCV is taken out of the system.

 AS I said I have no idea what the early IAD MPS port ID size is. My only
experience is with the 72/73 system .