[T3] General questions...Vintage VW-related...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 02:51:24 PST 2017

Every time I get into my 2008 Golf and settle into a comfy wrap-around seat,
put on the air-con, need the electronically dipping interior mirror, use the
heated outside mirrors, select where the warmth/cooling air flow goes, open
or close a window at the push of a button, and when at my destination get my
raincoat off the back seat or drop off a rear-seat passenger without having
to get out, I realise the advantages of a newer car with modern facilities.

I agree with your comments on colo(u)r.  We had a local gathering at a VW
dealership and parked our Type 3s and Type 4 out front for a photo - what a
lovely colourful display against the drab grey, black and silver VWs (well,
the silver ones were not drab, just too numerous - I'm not getting at
Keith's lovely silver Notch!).

The merits of a classic Type 3 VW are just as obvious, but different.  I can
appreciate both of them - the air-cooled engine, and its lovely sound. ;-)

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club