[T3] General questions...Vintage VW-related...

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Feb 5 12:25:06 PST 2017

On 2017-02-05 01:19, J. Jonik wrote:
> ***********************************
> When replying, please consider trimming your message. Thanks! :)
> ***********************************
>
> 1)  Where did Wing Vent windows go?...and why?   Without them, how to
> get a little air in the car without blowing hats off people in the
> back seat?
I agree with everyone else here. Too expensive to do now plus most
modern cars have AC. On something I have with AC I hardly ever roll any
of the windows down except the drivers window when I'm at a drive
through. But the wings are nice on a non AC vehicle.

> 2)  Where did car color go?   Virtually every car today has no color
> or as little color as possible...so as to be invisible on a dark
> road.
I agree with that I love my brilliant orange.

> 3)  What's the deal with almost all of today's cars, even small ones,
> having Four Doors? Whhat car, except a taxi, needs more than two?   Is
> it that with an older population, back seat riders can't get in just
> by pushing the front seat(s) forward?   And what about expense of
> fixing those 3rd and 4th doors if hit in an accident?  ...not to
> mention expense of electrical doo-dads in those unnecessary rear
> doors?
Well that's where I have to disagree with you. After raising 3 boys and
now a grandson 4 doors are a must if you have small children in these
car seats you have to have now. When my oldest (who is 26 now) was small
and in a car seat I drove an 88 2 door Golf,69 Beetle, or a 69 Fastback.
It was a back breaking process trying to get those seats in and out of
the back seats of those cars not to mention getting the baby in and out.
I don't get much of a chance to give my 3 year old grandson a ride in
Clementine because his parents insisted he rides in the back even though
it has no air bags.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, AL