[T3] Fuel Pump relay not energizing

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:28:31 PST 2017

I've had several ECUs which were unable to ground the fuel pump. Jim was able to repair at least one of them but not all. I forgot exactly what it is that goes bad (resistor, transistor, or some such thing) but it's a fairly common failure. Either way, jumping the pump relay to ground is the easiest workaround. As you've obviously already noticed, when you do this the fuel pump runs constantly once the key is on but the car will run just fine. I daily driven for months at a time like this though not everyone will recommend doing so for safety reasons.