[T3] cool weather idle hunt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jan 12 19:25:49 PST 2017

On 12 Jan 2017 at 10:05, Keith Park wrote:

> If I recall right, I also have a brown ground wire under the relay, but is
> that a system ground or a defogger ground?

That's the wire we're talking about. It's the ground side of the FI
main power relay coil. The hot side of that coil gets power from the
ignition switch when the key is turned on.

I don't remember whether the defogger relay coil gets power or ground
from the defogger switch. It could have been done either way, but if
it gets power from the switch, then it probably has its own ground
wire just like the FI power relay.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org