[T3] cool weather idle hunt

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Jan 16 17:58:08 PST 2017

On 16 Jan 2017 at 16:19, Daniel Nohejl wrote:

> I also finally pulled the AAR. The adjustment was all the way at the
> minus end and the screw was loose enough that I could swivel the lower
> spring portion of the AAR back and forth with my fingers though it
> took a little bit of effort. I tightened the screw back up and
> reinstalled it. With the screw out, everything had free and
> unobstructed movement in all directions. Anyway, hereTMs what it looks
> like now

The loose screw may have been your problem. You should use some
loctite on the threads when you put it back together. There's not
much thread engagement there, so the loctite is important. The AAR
body is also rather soft metal, so it's easy to strip the threads if
you tighten too much.

You may be able to see some scratches on there that show where the
setting used to be, otherwise send it back to me to be reset
correctly. You should have put it back to where it was in your
earlier photo, assuming that's how it was when you got it from me.

Yes, I believe there's supposed to be a wavy washer under the screw
head.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org