[T3] rear hatch/hinge issue

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:57:15 PST 2017

> The cars I've worked on that had abused rear hinges all had hinges
> which had deformed visibly. They were bent side to side, sort of like
> they had just collapsed.

The left hinge (the problematic one) looks really bent…..like it bows inward towards the center of the car in a very clear way. I can’t tell if the right one suffered any damage as a result of the left being messed up.

> When you're replacing the hinge, you'll probably want to take the
> rear door off.

Clearly to take the rear door off I need to unbolt it from both hinges, but are there any tricky bits to be aware of? The wiring for example? Or does it all pull out of the grommets easily and tuck out of the way?