[T3] I brought up my interstate battery last week , I pulled it out to just check the level !

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Jul 12 16:26:50 PDT 2017

 It seemed stuck , I checked the level and the cell closest to the neg terminal was a little lower than the others . I added enough then placed a light near the area and saw that white crust about 3" square right near the neg cable area. Still having the battery out I checked to see where the leak was and could see a wet area down the corner and along the seam at the top . I looked at the neg cable post fine then found I could lift the top corner of the case just a bit tried the pos side and all around and only the corner at the neg side post I could clearly see it could move so it's not sealed.

 Called the firestone dealer where I got it down the block and all the people Iworked with are gone then I get some fool who wanted me to bring my car in . I said if you don't have one in stock which they never do what's the point . He's supposed to call me back today , it's still under the 2 year free deal.

 I never had a battery leak before since I owned this car. Either the people who hanlde them are tossing them around like many seem to do or it was a defect from the start.

---