[T3] DOT5 and Brake Light Switches

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 15 14:30:03 PDT 2017

On 15 Jul 2017 at 19:09, Jacob Hoffman wrote:

> I'm thinking about trying these Beck Arnley ones on Amazon. From the
> description, it sounds like Beck Arnley just buys parts and puts them
> in their own boxes. The description says these parts originate in
> Spain, so I'm thinking they might actually be Meyle.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-201-1086-Light-Switch/dp/B000CRVE7Y

You're right about what Beck-Arnley does. Most of what they sell is pretty
good stuff, but not always, and I suspect that's because they can't tell any
better than we can. There's no way to know if these parts are made by the
same people that make them for Meyle. (And I get the impression that Meyle
is not much different from B-A in that most of their parts are made by
someone else.)

The amazon offer seems good, and the price is reasonable since it includes
free shipping.

BTW, get the same items at the same price from smile.amazon.com and you
get to designate part of your purchase price as a donation to your favorite
charity. I recommend Doctors Without Borders.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org