[T3] I pulled my Interstate battery july 12th to check thelevel , found the Interstae MT-42 was leaking.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 15 20:11:38 PDT 2017

On 15 Jul 2017 at 16:49, William J wrote:

> On these group 42 batteries are all of them rebuilt ?

To the best of my knowledge, no car batteries are rebuilt. The lead and acid
gets recycled, melted down, and may go into new batteries, but nothing goes
into the new battery in the same condition that it came out of an old one. I
think rebuilding used to be a "thing" in the very old 6 V days, when battery
cases were wood and individual cells could be replaced.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org