[T3] I must be losing my mind , Interstate battery content

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 17 15:48:07 PDT 2017

 When I got this battery last wed it had 12.5 volts . I charged it for an hour one day at 2 amp then while cleaning the acid leak another 2 hours. It read 12.57 volts . I have an metal timer wired to a power strip and the charger plugs into that power strip.
 Some how Saturday when cleaning the floor pan I switched off the power strip . I changed the timer to 1am to 2am charger on 2 amp since it's much cooler and I prefer charging at cooler temps . This morning the battery read 12.54 volts , It started fine and I drove 4 miles with 4 starts and it read 12.84 volts so some is surface charge . Saturday when I changed the timer expecting higher batt voltage with the power strip switch off it never charged have no idea how I turned off the switch .

 The battery has a sticker which said 6/17 meaning the place that stocks the batteries charged it sometime in june . Interstate says 12.5+ is not fully charged the fellow who charges them at the dist said they charge 10 at a time @ 2 amp for 12 hours. and that 12.5 and above is charged .

 Now I'll see what it does in a few days with the power strip on so it actually charges.

 Makes me wonder if the sticker means anything , who kows if this battery got charged or was assumed and a sticker put on it. The first MT-42 I got had no sticker and read 12.35 volts and it took at least 5 days 2 hours a day to bring it up to 12.7. second leaking MT-42 had a sticker and read 12.61 and charged at 2 amp for 3 hours surface charge gone read 12.74 volts. I know heat can discharge a battery yet it was close to this hot when I got the first 2 MT-42's . It's 95 in the garage in the car near the battery.

 I just hope this new on does not leak so far it does not and it get's up to at least 12.6 volts. I think it will .

---