[T3] I must be losing my mind , Interstate battery content

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 18:30:16 PDT 2017

In a message dated 7/17/2017 6:53:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

Makes me  wonder if the sticker means anything , who kows if this battery
got charged or  was assumed and a sticker put on it. The first MT-42 I got
had no sticker and  read 12.35 volts and it took at least 5 days 2 hours a day
to bring it up to  12.7. second leaking MT-42 had a sticker and read 12.61
and charged at 2 amp  for 3 hours surface charge gone read 12.74 volts. I
know heat can discharge a  battery yet it was close to this hot when I got the
first 2 MT-42's . It's 95  in the garage in the car near the battery.
I always thought it was date of manufacture. My son bought a new  battery
for his Square (the Bones) from O'Reilly's. We tried starting the car a  few
times, and eventually stopped and put the battery on an automatic charger,
and left it overnight. The next day it was still pulling about 6 amps on the
 charger, but what was in the battery was enough for us to fire up the car.
Once  we were done playing with it (re-setting the timing), we hooked up
the charger  again and left it on overnight. The next day the charger said it
was charged. We  never put a VOM on it, so I don't know how dead the new
battery was when he got  it (it barely turned the engine over), but I've run
into several that needed to  spend some time on a charger before use. Just to
finish the original thought,  the battery's been fine since, but we still
never put a VOM on it.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS