[T3] Injector gas leak into engine oil?

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:12:32 PDT 2017

​At the recommendation of Jim A. in the summer of 2010, I removed my '69
Square from 9-year storage in a (dry) barn.  Before starting the engine,
Jim suggested that I have the Fuel Injectors cleaned, tested, spray-pattern
tested, etc.

I used Valley Diesel Injection in Neenah, WI.
https://www.yellowpages.com/neenah-wi/mip/valley-diesel-injection-460149405?lid=460149405
They have been in business 38 years; 5-to-9 employees and have a $500, 000
to $1,000,000 income; A+ BBB rating and they were close.

I gave Valley Diesel 8 injectors.  4 injectors, that had been in the
(stored) 1600 cc engine plus 4 more of unknown condition.

They return all 8 injectors:

   - 4 were had been cleaned, tested  and were marked "Good",
   - those 4 had the appropriate spray pattern;
   - 1 was of "questionable" condition, and
   - 3 were deemed "marginally unacceptable".

The manager and the employee who performed the work, reinforced that the
first they do is:

   1. check all injectors, (their machines can test 8 at a time)
   2. use the appropriate cleaning solution and backflush, then
   3. view "spay pattern" to insure proper atomization, and
   4. record the performance of each injector = delivery of fuel.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)