[T3] Re/ Injector gas leak into engine oil?

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 14:34:48 PDT 2017

  Not always, but the car does kick out smoke on starting once in a while....but gray, not black smoke.

Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:01:36 -0700From: "William J" <catnine09 at dslextreme.com>
To: <type3 at vwtype3.org>
Subject: Re: [T3] Injector gas leak into engine oil?

  I would think if you had a leaky injector for gas to get in the oil the
intake valve on that cylinder would need to be open since the injectors are
right on the heads. I can't say how much fuel would leak out until the
syslem pressure dropped low enough.

 The fuel could sit long enough to leak past the rings yet if this were the
case on start up you would see a cloud of black smoke out the exhaust from
what ever fuel still in that cylinder.