[T3] On interstate 12 Volt batteries , how often should the level be checked?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 15 17:40:55 PDT 2017

 I know they say maintenance free yet have the double caps that interstate does  say on their site to check them every oil change . Bentley says something similar.

 Thing is I drive at the most 400 miles per year , have it on a 12 volt 2 amp charger on a timer for three hours each night simply because I may start it 4 to 6 times each trip and not put on more than 2 miles so I do this to kept it topped off from short trips and sitting for 5 days at a time after the trips.
 Also many autos have the battery under the hood and have to consider temp .

 I killed a few batteries maybe 2  from never checking the level in 4 to 5 years and one because didn't check the level and somehow had it on a 12 amp charge by mistake for 3 hours each night.

 I can only really see the level let alone remove the two caps where it sits under the rear seat, I remove it which is a real pain.

---