[T3] Late Type 3 Calipers

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 16:58:31 PDT 2017

The second (lower) valve is for draining the fluid when changing it.

Even the twin valve calipers need to be fitted the right way round.  They
are still handed, as the piston retaining plates and corresponding piston
cut out must be towards the bottom of the caliper on Type 3s (towards the
top for Type 4s, which are mounted in front of the axle line).

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club