[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:08:21 PDT 2017

The sticker fell off, so I’m not sure how old it is, but it’s less than 5 years. The older battery (4/12 on the sticker) is in our other car (battery reads 12.53V despite the car not having been driven in 2 months), so the one in question is probably between 2 and 4 years old. I’ll have to look for a receipt. Based on what I’ve read, I suspect that the battery could be at fault regardless of age. I guess I’ll see what the charger tells us.

I know there’s a correlation between low voltage and running rich on D-Jet, but I can’t quite reason out how a bad battery can contribute to rich running and bad gas mileage if the charging voltage is otherwise correct since the 14.1V I found at the regulator should be what’s reaching the brain and other components. Of course I neglected to check power to the brain during all of this as I’ve been trying to focus on components not related to FI. I should probably check power into and out of the FI power relay as well as at the 2 wires to the brain in the engine compartment just to be sure.

Daniel