[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:30:39 PDT 2017

> I never put a clamp on that hose, because there's no pressure on it, but I do
> run it down BETWEEN the 2 air runners, which keeps it aligned and headed
> straight to its port on the  IAD. If your 5/16 hose is loose on that port, you
> should try a different hose.

Should I try 1/4” or something metric? I’ve run 5/16” with a clamp for 5 years and this is the first problem I’ve had. The clamp wasn’t tightened and I remember that the day I last replaced it the engine was fully warmed up after commuting home on a very hot day and the runners and oil cooler were too hot to comfortably hold my hand on for a few minutes while aligning and tightening the clamp.

> It's quite possible that with the hose connected and the mixture right the
> engine how warms up enough to get the AAR fully closed. If the hose was
> loose the last time you set the idle, there was extra air getting in there, so
> the idle is now set so low that it's not enough to keep the engine running.
>
> Reset the idle. Take it for a drive. I suspect it will now be fine.

Ok, but it’ll have to be tomorrow. Let’s hope. We head out west in a little more than a week!