[T3] gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 11:15:56 PDT 2017

> Reset the idle. Take it for a drive. I suspect it will now be fine.

I tried to take the car for a drive but the damned thing wouldn’t start. Relays were clicking, fuel pump was doing it’s thing, we verified that we had spark, dwell was okay, nothing was disconnected, the CHT hadn’t gone open, etc.  So we put in a new brain and, well, the car started right up. Unplugged the new brain and retried the old one. No start. Plugged in the new one and the car started right back up.

That makes for 2 brain failures in close to 6 months. The last one failed back in January and the lead up to the failure was similar: intermittent issues at idle that got progressively worse, motor wouldn’t stay idling without holding down the accelerator pedal, unable to start the car ever again. There are differences in some of the details but the broad strokes are the same.

Bluntly put, WTF? How does this happen?

I just installed my last B brain and am about to drive more than 3k miles to Oregon in a little over a week…...