[T3] Type 3 front break calipers

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Mar 21 11:34:38 PDT 2017

On 21 Mar 2017 at 17:59, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Well the ones on the front of my 72 do have two bleed valves but
> knowing that the incorrect ones have them also its hard to tell which
> they might be.

The ones on the link you posted earlier are replacements for the early
calipers. If you have a '71, then the early ones won't fit, and the correct ones
do have 2 bleed valves.

> On that i noticed that it only seems to drag in the after noon and
> with the stop and go traffic going home.

If the pistons are sticking, or the hoses are bad, stop and go traffic is always
the worst, because the pads wear a tiny bit after every time you brake,
creating a little running clearance. So more braking means more pad wear
and more heating. You want to avoid this.

> If I order a set Jim I will probably replace the hoses also.

I carry all the Type 3 hose sizes, too, including some that you can't find
anywhere else.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org