[T3] Torque Multiplier

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 22 21:52:22 PDT 2017

On 23 Mar 2017 at 1:32, Brion Sabbatino wrote:

> Has anyone in the group used or own a torque multiplier.
>
> I am thinking of purchasing one. I have a drive yoke to torque on a
> Dodge diesel yoke. I also think it would make life easier
> removing/installing the vw flywheel nuts and axle nuts.

I don't own one and have never used one. I have a T-handle 3/4"
breaker bar with suitable sockets for each of the large VW sizes. If
I stand on the end of that handle I can easily torque or un-torque
any of the large VW fasteners.

Yeah, I see the attraction, but I don't see the need. To me it seems
like an expensive solution to a cheap problem. The case of the Dodge
yoke may be different, but you'll need to make sure the Dodge has the
anchors the multiplier you buy needs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org