[T3] VW Passat with Blumotion engine

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat May 6 16:58:04 PDT 2017

The TSI gas engined VWs are getting around 45 mpgUS highway and that's in a Jetta sized car.  Our new 1.2 TSI Polo Bluemotion did that on its trip from dealership to home, so we're expecting even better as it loosens up.
I'm sure the diesels do a lot more anyway.  I don't know what the current feeling over diesel cars is in the USA, but worries over particulates and nitric oxide pollution are threatening the market for diesels, certainly in Europe, and bans on diesel vehicles in some cities look likely within the next decade, unless the manufacturers can solve the problem.

Dave
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club.