[T3] VW Passat with Blumotion engine

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun May 7 14:33:01 PDT 2017

For those who responded about the Bluemotion VW ... Thanks.

When we give up "full- time" RVing, & buying another sedan, A/T, ... our
towable, 4-door, 200o Honda Accord EX-V-6 gets replaced ... we'll not have
to be concerned about a tranny that can be towed,  4-wheels-down for all
day.  Right now, the Accord fits our life style and our need to tow it.

Plus the '69 Squareback with the custom (engineered and built by Jim and
Randy in 2012) baseplate, for being towed behind our 38' Holiday Rambler
motor home, won't be a concern.

Since Jim replaced the Axle Beam, in July 2014, he has me a
bit "apprehensive" about ever towing the '69 Square, ever again.  With a
modest revision of the way the baseplate attaches to the axle beam, I think
it would be fine to tow.  But ????

As Jim noted:
1.)  The applied force of the baseplate "pulling" the car via the front
axle beam, is far different than the drive wheels "pushing" the mass.
2.)  and ... the needed "clamping force" of the "U" bolts on the shell of
the axle beam makes "worry-free" towing the Square, a bit suspect, too.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)