[T3] VW Passat with Blumotion engine

J L Stamey jlstamey at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:33:33 PDT 2017

VW diesels are dead in the US. VWOA has already stated that they no longer
will import TDI motors into the US... they are now dedicating those
research dollars to "alternative" fuels, hybrid and electric. The "fix" for
the gen-3 TDI's was approved so any '15 TDIs that are on the streets in the
US will be the latest diesel you'll see from VWOA. It's sad but true. My
wife and I are now waiting for our $11000, $5600 for my passat and $5400
for her Jetta SW, to get "fixed". Mine will get unfixed via a Malone
tune/DPF delete... for now I await word from VW that a fix is ready.