[T3] Ken's lean exhaust

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed May 10 17:54:06 PDT 2017

In a message dated 5/10/2017 12:51:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
drmarajjohnson at gmail.com writes:

Thanks,  appreciate manual good for dual carbs.  I think I have Elfrink  and
Clymer...of course Muir's!!!  I will look for Hayne's and be  totally set.
Which of the ones I have should I get the wiring diagram from  in order to
blow up and laminate?  How do I tell which one to  use?  I notice there can
be more than one for a  year.
>From 1989, until about 2005/2006 I used the brown Bentley in  combination
with the Haynes manual to work on all of my type 3s. In late  2005/2006 I
bought the blue Bentley from Walmart.com, as they had it the  cheapest at 69
bucks with free shipping. Today, that same book has almost  doubled in cost
(cheapest I saw was 124 bucks last year).

If you get on the Samba, in the upper right hand corner of the type 3
forum page is the technical section. Click on it, and it'll give you a drop down
 link to electrical diagrams. You'll have to click on type 3, because it
defaults  to type 2 (Everett can't explain it either, but it does). Then pick
the year you  want, open it up, and download it. Then put it on SD drive, or
disc, and  take it to Kinko's and have them blow it up and print it out.
Then have it  laminated, so you can use china markers (they wipe off easily)
to follow  the wires.

I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS