[T3] Oetiker clamps?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 13 13:20:04 PDT 2017

On 13 May 2017 at 7:40, Jim Adney wrote:

> The 2 long steel fuel lines that run thru the car are simple straight cylinders
> at each end, making them harder to seal than all the others, which have a
> bulged portion that usually makes sealing trivial.

For sealing those straight sections, especially on the pressure side, it's
probably also better if the hose ID is slightly smaller than 5/16. That way it
has some natural tendency to be tight on the steel tube. 1/4" hose, however,
would be too small.

The OE house that VW used was 7 mm and they later changed to 7.5 mm
when they realized that the stretch from 7 mm to over the bulges was too
much for the hose. The hose I sell is sold as 5/16" hose but it has an ID
that's smaller and is designed to stretch over 5/16+ fittings. It has worked out
very well for me.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org