[T3] Distributor Drive Gear Position

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu May 18 11:15:21 PDT 2017

On 18 May 2017 at 10:06, Jaime Gurrola wrote:

> My main problem is fuel boiling off after stopping.  Doesn't matter if
> I drive hard or easy or just idle for a while.

A few things to make sure of:

Is the cooling air intake bellows fully intact and correctly installed?

Are the heat exchangers getting all the intended air cooling?

Any rustthru underbody that would let warm cooling air get sucked in from
underneath?

Do the carbs have the insulating bakelite spacers under them?

Thermostat and cooling flaps installed and correctly adjusted?

Anything unusual about the exhaust system, that would add to the heat soak
after shutdown?

The heat soak after shutdown is the hottest your engine compartment will
ever get. This can be a challenge to a lot of things. You want to make sure
that all your cooling parts are working at their best so that nothing is warmer
than it should be when you shut down.

And certainly, mixture can be the culprit.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org