[T3] FI hose and clamps

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 24 19:50:10 PDT 2017

On 24 May 2017 at 19:22, KENNETH ROGERS wrote:

> For fuel injection. What is the correct size hose? What kind and what
> size hose clamps to buy? How many feet and how many FI hose clamps to
> buy and where?

You want 5/16" fuel hose. You don't need to pay extra for modern FI
hose, because modern FI systems run on much higher pressures than our
systems. 22' will do all the hoses in your whole car, front and rear.

> I got to do this right. I have leaks.
>
> Who has these I can buy from?

I have all these parts, including very good hose that's rated for
pressures much higher than our 30 psi. If you want to replace the
short pieces on the injectors (highly recommended) it's probably best
if you send them to me for that work. I have some clamps and you can
buy others locally. For most of them there's nothing special about
them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org