[T3] cooling flap troubles

Earl Schamehorn earlsnotch at gmail.com
Sun May 28 12:21:34 PDT 2017

I'm having a difficult time getting my cooling flap thermostat to have
enough travel to open, or close, the cooling flaps all the way. I've have a
new thermostat. I think I have all the correct parts. I've installed and
adjusted it according the instructions in the Bently Manual. If I set the
bottom edge of the flaps 2mm from the fan housing and heat up the
thermostat so that it expands fully the cooling flaps are around 15mm to
20mm from opening fully. Conversly if i set the flaps to full open while
the thermostat is fully expanded when the thermostat cools and contracts
the flaps are aound 15mm to 20mm from the fan housing. I've tried moving
the thermostat bracket up and down but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Earl