[T3] Fuel

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 9 16:35:49 PST 2017

Ive got gas milage records going back to 1984 on my first Square, and Bob is
right, 3-4MPG less today than it got 30 years ago. Someday Ill plot the
data.  When I first drove the Crate, it was untouched from about 1989 when
it was last driven, it ran terrible, missing under any load...  way too high
gas mileage...  I jetted it up, I forget... 2 jet sizes? Sean can check the
records with the car but that and increasing the cycle of the accelerator
pump brought it back to running properly on the modern Ethanol with the Flat
top pistons.  With the domies... it would not start hot no matter what I
did, vaporlocked.  So there was quite a change over stock to run properly on
todays gas.  Ive slowly riched up the FI Square too, as they have changed
things but its not all Ethanol as Bob stated, as my cars run about the same
with the Nonthenol I can get locally.  I generally only fill the tank with
Nonthenol when they are put up for the winter, like NOW...  NO Football last
night so they salted us up in spots last night, clear cloud-free skies and
they were out playing with their new toys, the Brining trucks.

Sorry, when they Brine, I whine!

KEith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com