[T3] On that 73 T-3 horn

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 20:55:05 PST 2017

In a message dated 11/13/2017 11:31:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

The key  is to fix the worn contact spring before things grab and destroy
much  larger parts. The contact ring on the underside of the wheel is also
replaceable and might even be available from the dealers, as I suspect it
was also used on Beetles (and I think I've seen references to it on BMWs,
so
it may have been a common German approach in that  era.)

Yes, I've seen a 72 wiper unit get destroyed when the horn wiper  blades
got hooked on a burr and wear hole. It ripped the plastic apart like it
wasn't even there. I think something similar must have happened to the 71 column
unit in my 65 Notch, as both horn wiper blades are missing from it (horn
doesn't  work either). It also doesn't self cancel, which means the plastic
pegs probably  fell out when some one was in there prior to me getting it.

Bob 65 Notch  w/Factory Sunroof converted to  IRS