[T3] On that 73 T-3 horn

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Nov 13 23:50:30 PST 2017

 Before this wear turns into just another nightmare and destroys the wiper
switch I'll pull the wheel and see what I can do to repair the hole and see
what the contact ring looks like. I saw a few new ones being sold on one
online VW parts CIPI or Jbugs the horn contact ring . I  didn't know they
were plastic and had plastic cancel arms thought they were metal and just
insulated thought I saw someone on samba fitting a fancy wheel using the
stock ring and switch on a 73 or 4 thing.

 I'll see soon enough even though you can get the T/S switch and wiper and
contact ring/cancel part I think most are reproduction unit's. Those three
parts are near $100 .

 The stock one lasted a very long time , I'd rather save it . All I need is
to make something with the proper bend and secure it over the area with the
hole. Perhaps an H shaped hard thin metal and bend the 4 tabs over the brass
wiper to secure it , the contact area is just a small bend . The rest of the
wiper contact is in good shape.