[T3] Happy Birthday Hothe!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 10:32:40 PST 2017

I think Keith must be doing an experiment  on the longevity of a well-maintained Type 3 engine. It's brave to continue well past the normal service life to find out when it will expire, perhaps catastrophically.  Better to rebuild before that happens.

I know my engine is coming up to a rebuild as it rumbles for a few seconds until the oil pressure comes up.  It does deter its use to take the club display stuff to a VW event, so I've been using the Golf 3 TDI Variant instead, but it's only delaying the rebuild.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club