[T3] Happy Birthday Hothe!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 16:47:01 PST 2017

Well Jim, you speak of Plan B  :-)
Not being totally sold on the T4 with the problems Ive had I have
gathered some stuff you cant find anymore in the case I need to build
another stock motor, and the idea of building another engine that would
last 150K+ is inviting.  Ive got a set of genuine Brazillian Mahle's,
old stock COFAP cam, NOS oil pump housing, still looking for old stock
lifters and a good Crank, can we still get quality bearings?

and the case has almost 250K mi on it now, should I try and re-use that
again? I know Berg would have a cow over that idea but Ive never even put
case savers or anything in it, just align bored it .020.

However, Im going on the winter Radio season now... no time for VW work,
Springs are getting later and colder here in the Northeast, and by mid-may
Ill be busy opening the camp.

Too much to do, too little time.  but I do plan to build another T3 for it
at least at some point, even if only a spare.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"