[T3] Long Block Build Options in California or US

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Wed Nov 22 07:53:23 PST 2017

I had Brothers VW Machine Shop in Ontario (CA) work my block for larger P/Cs and full flow, and they did a great job.  They also do complete engines, though I haven’t used that service.  They have generally great feedback on the Samba.

If you are patient, a local club member does engines and he does first rate work.  He did the internals of my ’71 FI Type 3 motor.  Mine was his first T3 motor, but I handled all the internals, so other than distributor drive orientation, it was a Type 1 motor to him.  I can pass the word along if your are interested.  He/I am in Thousand Oaks, CA, about 35 miles NW of Los Angeles.
-Phil