[T3] Long Block Build Options in California or US

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Nov 22 13:01:47 PST 2017

On 21 Nov 2017 at 13:18, Coach Carl wrote:

> ITMd like to find a reputable builder to create a stock/reliable 1600 long
> block for my daughters 72 Squarback with FI so that she may drive it with
> confidence.

There are so many places that will promise to do what you want, but
few of them deliver what you hope for or expect. There are almost
always disappointments. If you're willing to take your time,
especially if you have a different core engine to start with, you're
better off doing this yourself.

Sure, doing this as a DIY will have disappointing moments, too, but
at least you'll be able to stop, back up, correct things and come
ahead on money and understanding.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org