[T3] 2018 Type 3 Invasion

Marion McDonald mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 10 19:54:42 PDT 2018

-----Original Message-----
The 2018 Type 3 Invasion is fast approaching and I appreciate the feedback
that many invaders have submitted regarding their plans to attend the
gathering at our house on Thursday evening, the VW factory tour on Friday,
and the dinner on Saturday night.  Many potential attendees have not made
their intentions known.  For planning purposes, this information is
important, so I encourage everyone to relay this information to me as soon
as possible by phone, text, or a post on the Samba or Type3.org.  Remember
also to submit your funds for the Saturday dinner ($20 per person, $10 for
children 12 and under).  The most efficient way to submit the funds is via
my PayPal account using my email address.  You can also submit a check
payable to me to the PO Box listed below.  I will acknowledge receipt of all
fund submissions.  I will also provide prompt refunds to anyone who has a
need to cancel.  The caterer needs a final headcount by June 8, so please
submit your funds before that deadline.

The deadline for making reservations at the host hotel utilizing the Type 3
Invasion rate is May 24.  This hotel generally stays booked up with business
people coming into the area. They have just recently broken ground for a
$600 million Google data center in the county which could further adversely
affect the availability of hotel rooms.  Please make your hotel reservation
soon, preferably using the link on the Invasion website to insure your
inclusion with the Invasion group.  There are presently only a finite number
of rooms reserved for the Invasion attendees.  After the deadline, I cannot
guarantee the availability of additional rooms.

There are also several cabins still available for rent at Jackson County
Park.  These almost new cabins are in walking distance of the Invasion
pavilion.  They accommodate up to eight persons and each cabin has separate
bedrooms and a kitchen.  Interior and exterior photos of the cabins can be
viewed on the Invasion website.  The management at the park has graciously
decided to offer these cabins to Type 3 attendees using their winter rates.
This concession will result in a substantial savings to attendees.  These
rates reduce the cost of a two day stay from $371.20 to $280.00.  A three
day stay will be reduced from $531.80 to $395.00.  The local hotel taxes are
included in these rates.  There are a limited number of cabins, so if you
are interested in this, please act fast.

I have mentioned this before, but I will mention it again to refresh your
memory.  If anyone is utilizing a trailer to bring their Type 3 to the
invasion, they can store the trailer at my house for the duration of the
Invasion.

If anyone has additional questions or concerns that I have not addressed,
please communicate with me by phone, text, or email.

Marion McDonald
2018 Type 3 Invasion Host
PO Box 378
Section, AL 35771