[T3] Parts Galore...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 12:37:59 PDT 2018

Tried, but cannot find past thread about which Squareback parts to recycle and which to try to sell.  Thought I saved, even copied, that...but can't find anything.
In the next month or so, I will retire from my T-III career and get a practical, long-distance-capable Honda, Subaru or Toyota...and then look for takers for my '71 Squareback, standard.  Then, I'll have parts galore to unload.  Which parts ought just be taken off to metal recycling, and which remain usable for someone?  This is in Philadelphia PA, far from the West Coast hot-beds of old VWs.
I have doors (including r. hatch), fenders, kinda rusty bumpers, windows (incl. wing vents), heater boxes, generators, coils, fuel pumps, pressure sensors, heads, brake calipers, disks, flywheels, torsion bars, tie rods, steering wheels, seat belts, a trans, valves, relays, pedals, shifters, voltage regulators,  gaskets, headlights and others, light lenses, crankshafts, master brake cylinders, clocks, speedometers, sun visors, mirrors, gas caps, some cables, some chrome strips and chrome letters, some plastic ducts, and...well, pretty much whatever I salvaged from past '72 and '73 cars...plus some things from a past bus.
I'll do a thorough inventory when (if) I find a taker for the '71...hoping that person might be glad to stuff the back with spare parts.
If I can find which things are hopeless and worthy of selling for scrap, that would be a good start.