[T3] notch seat belt anchor points

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 4 11:25:32 PDT 2018

On 4 Aug 2018 at 11:12, Mike Fisher wrote:

> I love the '67 retractable lap belts in my '69 square & hate the shoulder
> belt rubbing my neck in every other car!

Of the 3-point belts that came with Type 3s, from '68-73, I like the '70-1
versions the best. Everyone wants the '72-3 self-adjusting ones, because
you don't have to struggle to re-adjust them to a new person, but the
constant tension on the neck and shoulder can become uncomfortable on
long drives. It's not a problem for most people if the drive is only an hour or
less.

The non self adjusting '68-71 versions lay gently on your shoulde and never
bother me. The '70-1 version has that advantage while being less bulky and
more attractive. Yes, these can be annoying to readjust, but that's a
non-issue for most of us where the same person always sits in the same
seat.

All just my opinion, of course.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org