[T3] Invasion and Post Invasion Repairs

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 8 21:46:42 PDT 2018

On 8 Aug 2018 at 22:04, Keith Park wrote:

> This is interesting, I wouldnt have thought you could have welded spring
> steel sucessfully, but if this works it will save alot of the larger upper sway
> bars, I have several bad ones that have had the problem over the years.

I was worried, too, but I'd already tried a file on the bar and it's
not hardened, which surprised me, so it seemed likely to work. Before
asking Bill, the welder, to weld up the good bar, I gave him a junk
one to practice on. That went without incident, so he welded up the
good rod. The welding was done with TIG, using a high alloy filler
rod that he would also use on steels like 4130. I'll try to get the
number for that rod.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org